If you’re new to WordPress, one of the first things you should get to know is the Admin Toolbar. When you are logged into your WordPress site it the bar going across the top of the page. Many times it is black (though not always).
The Toolbar allows you to access all of the editing options on the website.
Whether it’s a Post, Page, Gallery, Document, Event or Notice, editing an item is done in the same way:
- Locate the item on the website and click on its title.
- In the center of the Admin Toolbar will be an edit link. The link will change depending on what type of content it is. (It may say Edit Post, Edit Page or Edit Document.)
- You will be taken to the Dashboard area and an Edit Page will open where you can change text, images or titles.
- When finished, click Update.
Note: some items on a page are made from widgets that just pull information from other areas.
Follow the previous instructions for editing an item.
- After opening the item, click the Move to Trash link in the Publish box, located in the right-hand column. You will be notified that the post was moved to the Trash and you will see an option to Undo the move.
To add a new Post, Media, Page, Notice, Document, Event, Gallery or Slide, hover your curser over the +New link in the Admin Toolbar at the top of the screen.
This will open a text editor box where you can fill in the content, add photos and images and either publish or save as a draft.
The User Guide we provide to all of our customers will give you a greater understanding of how to use the website. However, if you are unable to find the answers to your questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.