Setting up a WordPress staging website is a great way to make changes and test updates before implementing them on your live site. This can help prevent any potential issues and ensure your website remains functional for your audience.
Here are the steps to set up a WordPress staging website:
- Log into cPanel using your username and password.
- Locate the WordPress Manager by Softaculous
- Locate your domain (you may have multiple websites so make sure you select the domain you want to stage).
- Toggle the downward arrow to reveal a row of button icons and locate the Staging button.
- Give a name to the folder that you want the staging website to be located.
- Click the Create Staging Button.
- A progress bar will appear while the staging site is generated. When finished, you will be presented with a completion message and links to the staging site. (The login will be the same as your current site)
By following these steps, you can set up a WordPress staging website to safely make changes and test updates before implementing them on your live site. This can help ensure that your website remains functional and user-friendly for your audience.
As always, if you need any assistance with your WordPress website, contact Pastis Enterprises.