Support and FAQs
If you need any questions answered feel free to ask.
Adding and Managing Website Users
Click on the small arrow to start the video.
Step 1: Log in to the administration area, or back-end of your website.
Step 2: Locate the User Menu icon on the left hand side. You will be taken to the User Manager which shows a list of the current users.
Step 3: Click on the icon on the right that looks like a +.
Step 4: Type in the new user's name, email address, and desired username.
Step 5: You have two options in the password area. You can put in a password or you can leave it blank and one will be created for the person. If you leave it blank an email will be sent notifying the new user that they now have access and will tell them how to log in.
Step 6: Decide what authority you want to give them. The access levels available are:
- Front End Only:
- Registered: Can log in, but cannot do much else.
- Author: Can write articles, add events, and photos but they won't be published.
- Pubisher: Can write, add photos, and publish. (I usually set up assistants with this option.
- Back End: There is more control in the back end and usually only website owners and IT employees need access to this area. However these areas are:
- Manager: Can publish, unpublish and delete
- Administrator: Can do all of the above and add users, software, etc.
- Super Administrator: Can do all the above and edit tools used on the site.
Step 7: Once you have filled in those settings go back to the top of the page where you will see the "Save" button. Clicking on it will save your new member, return you to the User Manager, and send out an email notification as described in Step 5.
More tutorials are available for specific areas at Pastisenterprises.com. You can also contact us at any time for more assistance.